One of the simplest, shortest, and most fruitful gardening experiences you can have is growing microgreens. To achieve outcomes, you don't require a lot of specialised equipment or environments. A microgreens growing kit can make it easier to start enjoying the environmentally beneficial advantages of growing your own food.
What exactly are microgreens?
They are essentially the sprouts of common garden plants like sunflowers, radish, cilantro, and cabbage. When the sprouts are only a few inches tall, you pick and consume them rather than allowing them to grow. Despite their diminutive size, they are incredibly nutritious.
Microgreens can be picked and consumed a week to 10 days in contrast to larger herbs and vegetables that take weeks or months to grow.
These diminutive variants, which can have up to 60 different types, barely reach heights of a few inches. Due of their increased price, microgreens were formerly only available in specialty grocery stores and on upscale dinnerware.
People interested in growing these microgreens require new soil, seeds, and a sterilised container or growth mat after each harvest in order to continue the growing process. Since microgreens may now be cultivated at home, their uses have increased.
- Microgreens contain extremely high levels of vitamins, nutrients and minerals
- They can lower blood pressure
- Microgreens may help fight cancer
- A few microgreens can help lower cholesterol
- They can support gut health
- Antioxidants present in microgreens may help reduce the type of stress that can prevent sugar from properly entering cells.
- Microgreens use 200 times less water
- No pesticides and fertilizers are needed
How to grow your own microgreens?
Microgreens are very easy to grow. Our Microgreens kit contains everything that you need to grow them: jute grow trays, soil cakes, seed packs, aluminum water sprayer, green trimmer and an illustrated guide to help you through the process.
Here’s what our microgreen kit contains -
- 2 Jute Crow Trays
- 1 Aluminum Sprayer
- 1 Green Trimmer
- 1 Coco Soil Cakes
- 2 Assorted Seeds
- Instruction Manual
Instructions to grow microgreens -
- Place the soil cake in a small bucket and pour around 750ml of water.
- Let the soil cake soak in the water for 15 minutes
- Add more water if you need and loosen any lumps with hand if required
- Spread the soil in the jute crow trays and gently flatten to smooth out the surface
- Sprinkle the seeds onto the soil and spread them evenly throughout
- Gently spray water with the aluminium spray on the surface of the soil
- Place the tray near sunlight and spray water regularly
- Your microgreen will be ready to harvest in 7 to 10 days
- Seeds can be planted any time of the year and can be grown on your window sill, on the kitchen counters or any well-lit place.
How to use your microgreens?
- Mixing into salads
- Blend into a smoothie
- Garnishing drinks
- Juicing them
- Adding to stir frys
- Use as topping on soup or pasta
- Add to a sandwich for extra texture
- Garnish hummus or other dips
Microgreens are flavorful, pretty safe for everyone to consume and can easily be adjusted into your diet in a variety of ways. Start growing them with our easiest diy kits to grow in your kitchen garden or terrace garden in India all year-round.
Get microgreen kit from Suspire and start microgreens gardening today!